Interview with the CEO
We invest a lot in construction and hotels. Now we are renting existing hotels and guest houses on the island in order to later rent rooms and make a profit. Also for our guests we can provide a private beach, casino, restaurant, tennis courts, SPA and health center, fitness center. On the beach, guests can enjoy jet skiing and water skiing, as well as parasailing. For guests can organize a variety of excursions, car rental and fishing.
- In the famous book "Hotel" Arthur Haley described the image of an ideal hotel. In your life, have you met a hotel that at least approached the ideal?
- Yes. The one we are in now (the interview was held at the Burj al-Arab hotel). It’s not for nothing that when I have free time at a rare moment, I spend it with the children here. In this hotel, each family member can not only have a good rest, but also find for himself what he most wants. If this is not ideal, then close to it.- Roman, why did you choose the hotel business? After all, most businesses prefer an easier and faster way of dressing ...
- Probably, these businessmen are smarter (laughs). But seriously ... I was born in the east of Russia, but I grew up with my grandmother in a resort city that feeds tourism. At the age of 13, I knew exactly what the vacationers wanted..- And you started earning money very early...
- Already at the age of 13, I ran to the beach to sell corn. Father was engaged in a trading business. We lived not poorly, but also not rich. I had a nephew who worked in Turkey. And he sent me one photo. With her, in fact, it all started.- What was so amazing on that photo?
- House on the beach ... Paradise!- And you decided to escape to this paradise - as in the best romantic novels!
- In the novels, everything is much simpler. My father was totally against it. He was preparing to pass on to me as our eldest son all our small business ... And I almost ran away from home. Got to Turkey. Found his nephew. Began to help in his carpet shop. In parallel, he studied. Studied German - then there were a lot of tourists from Germany. In summer vacations I worked in hotels.
When I turned 18, I already considered myself an adult. I decided to continue to grow. He went to work in Germany. I met people there whom I met in Turkey when they rested. They began to help me with something, I - to them. Finished university. Started working in the jewelry business in America. Then in Russia...- I do not see a hint of hotel business ...
- This is a separate story. Many friends asked to help with the acquisition of summer houses. I began to build houses for them, cottages. And then the grandmother dies and she left me her house by the sea. I had a question: what to do with the house? I decided to risk building a small hotel. Especially since I had an understanding of what a proper hotel should be like from childhood (laughs).- The risk paid off?
- Everything went well. I immediately decided that this would be the main business. I have a goal: to create a better hotel.. - Roman, let's talk a little more about how your business is represented in the Seychelles?
- We invest a lot in construction and hotels. Now we are renting existing hotels and guest houses on the island in order to later rent rooms and make a profit. Also for our guests we can provide a private beach, casino, restaurant, tennis courts, spa and wellness center, fitness center. On the beach, guests can enjoy jet skiing and water skiing, as well as parasailing. For guests can organize a variety of excursions, car rental and fishing..- I wanted to complete the interview with a question that I ask all the people I meet with: do you like your job? But - I will not, because I know the answer.
- Well, how can you not like all this?
CEO Sunset Hotels.